A bronzed and stout man strokes his formidable beard as he eyes you from across the tavern.
Few people understand the significance of a good time and the power of Divine Casting than Dwarves. Dwarves are known to be short and stocky in build, with very long hair. It is common for dwarves to braid their hair in intricate patterns and adorn their braids with bells and jewelry. Dwarves all have a love of family and community and can breed true, making them most populous of the non-human races. Many Dwarves stick very strongly to the Kurma values of neighborliness and hospitality. And Dwarves have a fondness for creativity in all things, from art and music to writing and of course, brewing ale.
The Dwarves Galactic Accord equivalents are the Kurma, a race of short and hardy aliens. The Drake are characterized by the following domains: Artifice, Community, Earth, Glory and Protection.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Dwarves are both tough and wise, but can be tactless.
- Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Medium: Dwarves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. (see darkvision).
- Defensive Training: Dwarves get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
- Greed: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
- Hatred: Dwarves receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the undead and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
- Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Stability: Dwarves receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
- Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to potentially notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Hindi. Characters with high Intelligence scores can choose any bonus terrestrial languages of their choice (i.e. English, French, Spanish, etc).