You hear laughter from around the corner as a small man walks towards you. He has wide eyes and a wider grin full of cracked teeth that speak only lies.
Gnomes are small, and yet frightening things. Too intelligent and dastardly for their own good, and clever enough to know how to hide their prankster intentions. A person, once tricked by a gnome remembers to tread carefully when one is around. Despite their unsettling demeanor, gnomes are known to harbor a deep love of intellect, mind games and carefully crafted puzzles. That is, almost as much as they love random chaos and destruction. They have a childlike wonder and morbid fascination in horror and death which puts more than a few people on edge. But who can say no to a gnome’s soulful little eyes? Even while he’s dancing in Nana’s ashes.
The Gnome Galactic Accord equivalents are the Iwa, a race of small machiavellian aliens. The Iwa are characterized by the following domains: Darkness, Destruction, Repose, Trickery and War.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Gnomes are physically weak but surprisingly hardy, and the perfect liars.
- Small: Gnomes are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB) and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD), and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light (see low-light vision.)
- Defensive Training: Gnomes get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
- Gnome Magic: Gnomes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against illusion spells that they cast. Gnomes with a Charisma of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities:
1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, and speak with animals. The caster level for these effects is equal to the gnome’s level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the gnome’s Charisma modifier.
- Illusion Resistance: Gnomes get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells or effects.
- Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
- Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word “gnome” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Gnomes begin play speaking Common and French. Characters with high Intelligence scores can choose any bonus terrestrial languages of their choice (i.e. English, French, Spanish, etc).